Bangkok, Thailand ~ 1782
Wat Phra Kaeo, the Temple of Emerald Buddha, was built under the order of King Rama of the Charkri Dynasty nearing the end of the sixteenth century in Thailand, more specifically on the top of mountain Khao Wang. The creation of the temple started on 1782 (Wat Phra Kaeo).
The Emerald Buddha, which gives Wat Phra Kaeo its nickname, is located on the ordination hall called the "Ubosot" around the southern side of the temple (Wat Phra Kaeo). It is strongly believed that the statue of Emerald Buddha can bring people power and good fortune. Therefore it was moved to wherever the ruling power’s headquarters were located in order to bring good luck. It has journeyed through the surrounding regions before settling down on its current home in Bangkok (Wat Phra Kaeo).
Near the Royal Pantheon where the statue of Emerald Buddha was planned to be put up, stand two memorial chedis in the shape of a cone-like structure that shoots up drastically and is being "hold up" by statues on the bottom (Memorial Chedi, Prasat Phra Thep Bidron).