1) In what era was music first considered
an art form?
2) What is a trombone?
wood wind instrument.
brass instrument with a slide.
type of drum.
3) Who invented the staff line?
4) What kind of music was Gregorian Chant made for?
5) What is a flute?
wood wind instrument with buttons.
wind instrument with a slide.
type of guitar.
6) How does a violin make sound?
it with the fingers.
a bow across it.
7) What is an octave?
notes with the same name but different frequencies.
notes in one measure.
8) How many counts is a whole note in a 4/4 measure?
9) What kind of performers ruled the Romantic era?
10) What is an accidental?
note printed by mistake
sharp or flat before a note lasting for the rest of the measure.
A sharp or flat after the time signiture.
11) These definitions come from Webster's Dictionary.
12) What time signature does cut time refer?
13) Where was opera invented?
14) How many types of clefs are there?
If you have any suggestions for new
questions please feel free to
These questions were generated by
Matt, Leland, and Yaquelin.