aid is one of those absolutely vital subjects that many of us plan
to learn more about, but never really get around to. In this section,
we discuss common injuries and how to treat them. For example, we
illustrate how to make emergency splints or stretchers, bandaging
a broken nose or sprained ankle, know the basics on how to treat shock
and you will also learn how the take care of serious bleeding. One
rule to remember when assisting a victim is to do no further harm.
In other words avoid aggravating existing injuries. To handle first
aid emergencies, perform the following steps:
Examine the victim thoroughly for injuries.
2. Serious bleeding should be attended
3. Secondly is stoppage of breath.
4. 3rd is poisoning.
5. 4th is shock.
6. Once these four things have been treated
get help as soon as possible.
7. Make victim as comfortable as possible
(don't let him see injury).
8. Don't move injured person unless there
is no other alternative.