1. In his will, Alfred Nobel stated that the prize for physiological or medical work be awarded by the _____.
a. Bank of Sweden
b. Nobel Foundation
c. Norwegian Sorting
d. Caroline Institute in Stockholm
2. Alfred Nobel was born in Stockholm, Sweden on October ___, 1833.
3. With the discovery by Sydney Brenner, H. Robert Horvitz, and Sir John E. Sulston that they could manipulate cell death with certain chemicals, what diseases could scientist get a better understanding of as a result their discovery?
a. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
b. Coronary heart disease.
d. All of the above.
4. Which one of these scientists tested on snails for his research?
a. Sydney Brenner.
b. Eric R. Kandel.
c. Arvid Carlsson
d. Paul Greengard
5. Which three scientists' discoveries later led to the creation of the drug Viagra?
a. Sydney Brenner, H. Robert Horvitz, and Sir John E.
b. Leland H. Hartwell, R. Timothy (Tim) Hunt, and Sir Paul M. Nurse.
c. Robert F. Furchgott, Louis J. Ignarro, and Ferid Murad.
d. Arvid Carlsson, Paul Greengard, and Eric R. Kandel.