TEST YOUR MUSHING KNOWLEDGE
. Get Netscape 3.0 or turn it on!
1. The Iditarod Race is between what two cities in Alaska?
Juno to Nome
Anchorage to Nome
Nome to Fairbanks
Buffalo to Fairbanks
2. What is the position of the dog directly in front of the sled called?
3. What type of dog would
make a good sled dog pair?
Malamute and Malamute
Poodle and Malamute
Samoyed and Husky
Samoyed and Samoyed
4. What command tells the dogs to turn left?
5. The first recorded sled dog race occurred in what year?
6. The best age to begin training a puppy for sledding?
7. What was the name of the very first organized sled dog race in Alaska?
The Big Race
The All-Alaska Sweepstakes
Dogs on Ice
8. What are
tools used for training sled dogs in the summer?
Four Wheeler and Dog Booties
Sled and Snow Hook
Dog Cart and Snow Hook
Four Wheeler and Dog Cart
9. Why should the musher not dress
They usually mush in warm enough weather.
The dogs might not recognize them with too much clothing on.
They might get diphtheria.
They might get too hot from peddling and pushing the sled uphill.
10. Which type of typical sled dog developed with the Chukchi People?
Copyright © 2003 artwork and photographs to