Introduction: A mobile is a sculpture that consists of hanging objects that
connect to a main part and can sway in the breeze.
Items needed = coat hanger
poster board (white ,black)
several sheets of sandpaper
one half a yard of black felt
pictures of various bears
- Divide the students into five different groups. (panda bear group,
polarbear group, black bear group, and sun speckled group)
- After the students are divided into groups, provide pictures of bears to
each group. (polar, panda, black, and sun speckled bears)
- Each group should make a different kind of bear, and should make 5 bears.
- Cut out a shape of a bear out of the poster board.
- Color it.
- Tape the bear on a string.
- Write the name of the bear.
- Tie the string on the coat hanger.
- Tie string on the top of the coat hanger and tie to the hook.
- Enjoy your new mobile.