Here is Some Amazing Facts About George Herman "Babe" Ruth
Did you know?
- Babe Ruth was one of only two people to ever hit three home runs in a World Series game.
- He was born in Baltimore, and educated at Saint Mary's Industrial School.
- In 1914 he started out his career as a left-handed pitcher for the Baltimore team of the International League.
- Later in the year of 1914 he became a member of the Boston Red Sox of the American League.
- From 1920 to 1935 he played for the New York Yankees as an outfielder of the American League.
- The Babe played in 163 games as a pitcher, winning 92 and losing 44, for a percentage of .676, he was one of the best left-handed pitchers the game has ever known.
- From 1919 to the end of his career he was the outstanding outfielder of his time and one of the best in baseball history.
- He was mainly known as a home-run hitter. In 1927 he set a record for hitting 60 home runs in 154 games, a major league record that stood until 1961.
-Babe Ruth's lifetime record of 714 home runs in regular-season play was finally broken by Hank Aaron in 1974.
- In his major league career of 22 years, he was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1936 for playing in 2503 games and had a lifetime batting