Requirements for the ROTC
On this page you will learn about the ROTC requirements. To be in the ROTC you follow and obey the following eight guidelines, they are.
1. You must be a United States citizen, and be born in the US
2. You must be 17 years of age by October of your freshman year, and younger than 23at the end of June of the year witch you will graduate from college
3.For a four –year scholarship you must be a high school graduate or have an equivalent certificate before September of your college freshman year. If you are taking college courses you will be considered better than the other people are.
4. You must have no moral objection or personal conviction that will keep you from supporting and defending the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
5. You must have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5.
6. Receive a minimum SAT score of 920 points or an ACT score of 19.
7. Agree to accept a commission in the United States Military.
8. Meet the required physical standards.
The department of military studies, also known as the ROTC department, offers the students the chance to obtain a commission as an officer.
The four-year program is divided into two parts the basic and the advanced course.
The basic course is usually taken during the freshman and the sophomore year and covers the subjects as management principles, national defense, military history, leadership development and physical fitness training.
The advanced course is during the junior and senior years. It includes instruction in organization and management, principles of training management, tactics, ethics and professionalism, future leadership development, and advanced physical fitness training.
ROTC students enroll in military studies courses each term.