- Muskrats live in at least a few inches of water and can build their homes almost everywhere.
- They have a large, rounded head, with small eyes and ears, and a flattened tail.
-They have large, partly-webbed feet, with stiff hairs on the sides.
-They weigh 2-4 pounds.
are active year round.
- They breed from April to August. The female bears 4-8 babies per litter, and has up to 5 litters a year.
- They eat mainly roots, stems, leaves, and bulbs of water plants.
- Their enemies are mink, raccoons, and red fox.