|1 cup margerine, softened
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1. Combine margerine, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add flour and baking powder. Stir everything to form a ball of dough.
2. Lightly flour a wooden board or flat suface. With a rolling pin, roll half of dough very thin. Use a circle shaped cookie cutter or the top of a large glass ( About 2 1/2 inches wide) to cut out circles in dough. ( Cut dough into other shapes, if you wish.)
3. Put a fortune in each circle, off to one side. Fold the circle in half, then in half again. Pinch edges to seal.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees farinheight.
5. Reroll leftover scraps of dough and make cookies from them. Then roll and make cookies from the other half of the dough.
6. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Serve when cool.
preparation time: 30-45 minutes
baking time: 10 minutes
makes 25 cookies