National Science Standards - Life Science
The Life Science Standards for Levels 5 - 8 include:
We have included the following in our web site:
1. Describe location, habitat of each animal.
2. Explain why they are predators and their interaction with humans.
3. Describe the societal structure of the animals and their care for their young.
4. Describe the hunting style of the predator and their primary diet.
5. Describe the predator, including coloration, skin covering, size, life span, and scientific classification.
Georgia QCC Standards
Grade 7 Reference and Study Skills*
46 Paraphrases and summarizes information without plagiarizing.
50 Selects relevant information about a subject from various sources.
52 Documents sources with reference citations.
Grade 7 Language Arts Writing *
64 Uses a writing process that includes prewriting, drafting, revising, editing (can include peer editing), proofreading, and publishing.
65 Writes paragraphs that include a unifying idea and supporting details (may include topic sentence and clincher sentence).
67 Produces paragraphs and compositions for a variety of purposes (exposition, description, narration, and persuasion).
71 Uses descriptive words and phrases.
73 Applies grammatical and mechanical conventions to writing.
76 Uses available electronic communications and technology in writing.
* Grade 8 has similar standards that have different numbers.