Characteristics | Technology
| Wonder Qualities| Natural
- Located in northwestern Arizona,
- The canon was cut by the Colorado
- The widths of the gorges range
from one-tenth of a mile to 18 mi.
- The Canon wall have a wide range
of colors, including red, gray, green, pink, brown, and violet.
- A wide assortments of plant
and animal life can be found in the canyon.
- The Colorado River flowing through
the high plateaus forms the mile-deep gorge we now call the Grand
- This remarkable depth was caused
by the fast speed, large amount of water, and large quantities of
mud, sand, and gravel of the Colorado River.
- The Colorado River carries rocks
at a speed of about a half a million tons a day.
- The Grand Canyon has the most
extensive geological records.
- The rocks at the bottom of the
canyon date back to 4 billion years ago.
- Fossils inside the rocky slopes
date back to primitive algae that predate the dinosaurs.