· Alliteration- Sentences or phrases that begin with the same letter or sound.
· Antonyms-Words that are opposites.
· Characters-People that play the part in Jesse Stuart.
· Comparison-When you compare more than two things.
· Conflict-A fight.
· Description-Tells what something looks, feels, smells, sounds and taste like.
· Fact-True Statement.
· Homographs-Words that have the same spelling, but different meaning.
· Homonyms-Words that sound alike that have a different meaning.
· Plot-The meaning of a poem.
· Rhyme-Two words that have a similarity in sound.
· Rhythm-The beat or pattern in poetry.
· Symbolism-Objects used to stand for something else in literature.
· Tempo-The timing in poetry.
· Theme-the main topic in written work