About Book 5The book starts out like this:
The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.....The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four.
And then, later in the book JK writes:
Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses.'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'
- The fifth book will be titled "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
- In book five, we go into a whole new area, physically, an area you've never seen before, a magical world
- Book five will be scary. Harry finds out a lot of things he hasn't stumbled across so far.
- In book five (Harry) has to examine exactly what death means, in even closer ways.
- We will see Mr. Weasley's car, Aragog, Dobby and the Dementors again.
- Book 5 will be at 255,000 words - almost a third longer then Goblet of Fire.
- The Dursleys are in the next book, and there's stuff coming with them that people might not expect.
- During an interview, when JKR was asked in which Hogwarts room she'd like to be for 1 hour, she said it would be a room in which Harry has been before, but doesn't know its importance. Yet.
- It's very important in the plot that Harry has his mother's eyes, and that her wand was very good for charms.
- During an interview for Kids BBC, Victor Greensteet (reporter) asked Rowling if Harry would have a dragon for a pet. This is what she replied: "You can't tame a dragon, no matter what Hagrid thinks. It's simply impossible. So no. He has more common sense. He MAY have a different pet in the future, but for now, I won't say anything else".
- In the same interview for Kids BBC, the reporter asked J. K. if Harry had ever used the internet, and this is what she had to say: "No. They (the Dursleys) won't let him go near Dudley's computer, and Dudley is the only one who has a computer. They hit him if he gets too near to the keyboard. So the answer would be No. I use it a lot, but Harry doesn't. Wizards don't really need to go on the web. They have an even better way to find out what's happening in the outside world, which I think is a lot more fun than the Internet, but I'm going to keep quiet on this one."
- The choice between what's right and what's easy will be a pillar of the plot in Harry's last 3 years.
- The "Arabella Figg" Dumbledore refers to at the end of book four is indeed the same Mrs. Figg that takes care of Harry for the Dursleys in book one.
- There will be a new sorting hat song.
- You'll be seeing Mrs. (Arabella) Figg in book five, and you'll find out all about her.
- Harry's parents' profession will be a big part of the plot.
- Harry will see the real 'Mad-Eye' Moody in book five.
- We will find out why Voldemort killed Lily and James Potter.
- Something HUGE will be revealed about Lily Potter.
- There will be a female Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. (Mrs. Figg?)
- We'll see Lupin in Book Five. Yes, we will see a lot of old characters in Book Five.
- Ginny Weasley will play more of a role in book five.
- One of the main characters, one of Harry's "fans" will die (not Ron or Hermione though). The death will be "horrible to write."
General Facts Not Disclosed in the Books
Harry's middle name is "James."
Hagrid, Lily, and James were in Gryffindor. (Hagrid was NOT in Hufflepuff.)
Lily Potter's maiden name was Evans.
There are about a thousand students at Hogwarts. (True, that doesn't seem right, but J.K. said so, and she's the boss.)
James Potter was a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.
Hermione's birthday is September 19th, Ron's is March 1st.
James Potter inherited lots of money, so he didn't need a well-paying profession.
James Potter inherited the invisibility cloak from his father.
Witches and wizards have longer life spans than muggles.
The Gringott's goblins' return the muggle money they they acquire back into circulation.
The approximate value of a Galleon is about five pounds ($7.30 or 8.00 Euro), though the exchange rate varies.
Dumbledore is 150, McGonagall is 70 (and is really an old softy, just doesn't act like it), Snape is 35 or 36.
"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus," means, "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."
The happiest people do not become ghosts (therefore we can take it that ghosts are people that died while sad, angry, etc. Myrtle was teased, Nearly Headless Nick didn't have his head completely chopped off, the Bloody Baron was...lonely?)
The Hogwarts teachers do not stay at Hogwarts during the Christmas holidays. Filch, Hagrid and Dumbledore do.
To remove Dudley's tail that Hagrid gave him in the hut on the rock the Dursleys went to a private hospital where the staff was very discreet, and said that a wart had got out of control.
Aragog is an Acromantula (see "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them").
Azkaban is in a sea north of the North Sea. A very cold sea.
You can do unfocused and uncontrolled magic without a wand (like when Harry blows up Aunt Marge), but to do really good spells you need a wand.