Have thick padding to cushion your feet. The padding provides good traction.
Casual and Dress Shoes:
They are made for most everyday occasions. The shoes upper parts are usually soft and flexible for comfort while walking. The hard, stiff soles provide durability.
Were manufactured in 1628 by Thomas Beard who came over on the " Mayflower."
Colonists learned to make moccasins from the Indians. The moccasins were liked so much they were exported to England.
Parts of a Shoe:
Nine & West
When life is hard and brings the blues,
shop for, shop for, shop for shoes.
- No one knows when people first began to wear shoes.
- The first foot coverings worn in cold regions were probably baglike wrappings made of animal furs.
- An IceMan died in the French Alps and he left a pair of primitive shoes stuffed with grass.
- Greek slaves are distinguished from free citizens by their bare feet.
- Egyptians painted murals of shoes and shoemakers on temple walls.
- Native Americans in Missouri leave evidence of earliest remaining shoes.
- World Book Encyclopedia