Citeation and credits link to thinkquest template
We would like to thank the following people for helping us on our ThinkQuest project.
Mrs. Foley, our computer
teacher, who helped us when we ran into trouble with Kid Pix.
Mrs. Edwards, our librarian, who helped us with our research.
Mr. Green and Mrs. Craven, who gave us techinical advice.
Mr. Green who created our image map from Lauren's Kid Pix.
Mr. Guo Wei who helped upload our images.
We used Netscape Composer
to create our ThinkQuest.
We used KidPix Deluxe to draw our cover page and story map.
We used PageMill 2.0 to create our math quiz.
Electronic Sources Links
1. Candy Williams. Autjor finds writing
for kids more fun than practicing law. Tribune-Review
2. Barbara Strickland Louis Sachar: Top of his Calss http://www.auschron.com/issues/vol18/issue26/books.sachar.html
3. Desert USA http://www.desertusa.com/flora.html
4. Yahoo! Picture Gallery A gallery of desert photo http://search.gallery.yahoo.com/search/corbis?p=deserts
5. Geology of Mojave
Preserve home page U.S. Geological Survey National Park Service
6. The North American Deserts - DesertUSA http://www.desertusa.com/glossary.html
7. Deserts http://www.enviroweb.org/desertwatch/DW-Deserts.html
8. Core Knowledge - Lesson Plans http://www.coreknowledge.org/CKproto2/resrcs/lessons/698Deserts.htm
9. WoodsEdge Gallery
Printed Materials Entire book
1. Allaby, Michael. Deserts vol 2 ; Biomes of the World. Connecticut, Grolier Education, 1999
2. Barrett, Norman. Deserts: Picture Library. New York: Franklin Watts, 1989
3. Giesecke, Ernestine. Desert Plants. Illinois: Reed Educational and Professional Publishing, 1999
4. Sanders, John. All About Deserts. New Jersey: Troll Associates, 1984
5. Smith, Trevor. Amazing Lizards.
New York : Alfred K. Knopf Inc. 1990