1. Deveraux Tower- The Deveraux Tower is part of Henry III's extension to the Tower in the mid thirteenth century. The Deveraux Tower is located in the northwest corner of the Tower. The Deveraux Tower was part of the Tower that was most likely to be attacked.
2. Flint Tower- The Flint Tower was also a part of Henry III extension. Nobody id sure about the original name of this tower. People believe it name is the Flint Tower is to come from the type of rock that the Flint Tower is made of; which is flint stone.
3. Bowyer Tower- The Bowyer Tower was one of the towers that was built my Henry III. The Bowyer Tower was also built as an outer wall for the London Tower. Some people think that the royal bow maker, or bowyer lived in the Bowyer Tower. A man by the name of George, Duke of Clarence was held as a prisoner in the Bowyer Tower. He later died in this tower in 1478. George, Duke of Clarence is thought to have been drown in a barrel of water or in a butt of wine.
4. Brick Tower- The Brick Tower was built in the in the mid thirteenth century. Henry III also built this Tower. The Brick Tower earned it's name between 1510 and the 1520's. Later , Sir Walter Raleigh was imprisoned in the Brick Tower when he offended Queen Elizabeth when he secretly married Elizabeth Throckmorton. In 1841 the Brick Tower was destroyed by a fire. The Bowyer Tower was the tower that started great fire in the Tower of London.
5. White Tower- The White Tower is believed to be the first building of the London Tower. The White Tower started in 1078; the White Tower also replaced a wooden fort. People believe that the White Tower finished being built in 1097. This tower was finally finished ten years after William the Conqueror's, at this time the White Tower was the tallest building in London. The White Tower is built of roughhewn Kentish rag stone, the edge of the tower is built with finely cut Cane stone. The Normans called the White Tower " La tour Blanche."
6. Beauchamp Tower- The Beauchamp Tower was part of Henry III's expansion of the London Tower. A Land Gate was built on this site. On April 23, 1240 the gate collapsed, the gate was replaced in 1281. Exactly on year later after the crash of the gate people believe to have seen the ghost of Thomas Becket, Thomas Becket's ghost was seen hitting the floor with his crozier. In 1397 a man by the name of Thomas de Beauchamp was imprisoned int he Beauchamp Tower for revolting against Richard II, later the tower was named after Thomas de Beauchamp.
7. Martin Tower- The Martin Tower was part of Henry III's line of defense for the Tower of London. This tower was no where near being luxurious to the prisoners who were kept in there. Today tourists who visit this tower will be able to see torture devices. The Crown Jewels were held in the Martin Tower between the years of 1669 and 1841.
8. Constable Tower
9. Bell Tower- The Bell Tower is the oldest tower in the London Tower. It is believed that William Longchamp built this tower. The Bell Tower's upper stories have a circular shape and a polygon shape at the bottom as the base. The Bell Tower has kept it's original name since 1532. The bell in the Bell Tower has been in that same tower since 1651. Originally they had used the bell in the Bell Tower as an alarm, they also used the bell as a curfew bell. The curfew bell was to tell the prisoners that it was time to return to their cells. Present day the bell is used to tell everybody near the London Tower that the Bell Tower is closing.
10. Byward Tower- Between the years of 1275 and 1281 Edward I built a new entrance to the London Tower. This entrance was called the Byward Tower, the Byward Tower had a draw to keep invaders from coming into the Tower.
11. Middle Tower- When you visit the Tower of London today the entrance you will most likely come in is the Middle Tower. The Middle Tower gets it's name because it was built in-between to towers. The two towers on either side of the Middle Tower are the Lion Tower and the Byward Tower. This tower was also another entrance to the Tower that Edward I built.
12. Bloody Tower- Originally the Bloody Tower was named the Garden Tower. It was called the Garden Tower because it was right next to the Queen's garden. In the sixteenth century the Garden Tower was then changed to the Bloody Tower. It was the the Bloody Tower because people believe that this tower played a major roll in disappearance of the Prince that were held in the London Tower. The Princes disappeared in the tower during the year of 1483. Sir Walter Raleigh spent approximately thirteen years in the Bloody Tower. During this thirteen years Sir Walter Raleigh wrote History of the World. Many famous prisoners that were held in the Bloody Tower, such as Archbishop Laud. Archbishop Laud was executed in the Tower in 1645. They died of drink in the year of 1689, they died before they were executed.
13. Wakefield Tower- The Wakefield Tower was named after William of Wakefield. The Wakefield Tower is the second largest tower in the whole Tower of London. The Wakefield Tower has very thick walls . The Wakefield Tower's walls are thicker than all of the other towers. It has thicker walls because Henry II built this tower. Henry II built this tower between the years of 1222-1240. Henry VI were one of the prisoners that were held in The Wakefield Tower. Henry VI was imprisoned by Edward IV, Henry VI was killed here on May 21, 1471.
14. St. Thomas's Tower- St. Thomas's Tower was built between the years of 1275-1279. St. Thomas's Tower was where the King had his private apartments, the King also had a bridge from St. Thomas's Tower to the Wakefield Tower. St. Thomas's Tower was named after a man by the name of Thomas a Becket. People today believe that St. Thomas's Tower was named after Thomas a Becket because it was felt that Thomas a Becket's spirit had to be satisfied when the arch of the gate fell down.
15. Lanthorn Tower- The Lanthorn Tower was built in the 1220s. King Henry III built the Lanthorn Tower. The Lanthorn Tower then formed together with the Wakefield Tower. The Lanthorn Tower got it's name by a lantern. Someone every night would go and light the lantern, the lantern was used as a marker to the ships that were on the river at night, and could see the Tower. When Edward I's expansion to the London Tower removed the Lanthorn Tower from it's location on the riverside. In the seventeenth century the Lanthorn Tower housed the Master of Ordnance. In 1774 most of the this tower was destroyed in a fire at the London Tower. Soon after the fire the rest of the Lanthorn Tower was destroyed.
16. Cradle Tower- The Cradle Tower was built between the years of 1348-1355. The Cradle Tower was built on the outer wall of the London Tower. The Cradle Tower was to served as a water entrance so King Edward III's apartments.
17. Well Tower- The Well Tower was part of Edward I's expansion to the London Tower. It is believed that the Well Tower got it's name from two water shafts underground. They used the two shafts to bring water to the surface. Rumors were spread around the Tower of London that prisoners were chained to the walls of the Well Tower.
18. Salt Tower- The Salt Tower was built by Henry III. The Salt Tower is located at the southeast. Hugh Draper was imprisoned in the Salt Tower in 1561, while he was imprisoned in the Salt Tower he carved huge sphere. Tourist are still able to view the sphere that was carved by Hugh Draper.
19. Develin Tower- The Develin Tower is the farthest tower to the East. Part of the Develin Tower was rebuilt during the seventeenth century. Tourists are unable to see the Develin Tower when they visit the tower of London.
20. Broad Arrow Tower- The Broad Arrow Tower was part of Henry II's extension to the Tower of London. The Broad Arrow Tower was built to serve as a military purpose, inscriptions on the walls inside this tower also show that the Broad Arrow Tower was also a prison cell. The original name of the Broad Arrow Tower is unknown.
21. Wardrobe Tower- The Wardrobe Tower held the King's clothing, armors, equipment and some of his crown jewels. It has been said that the jewels were held in the Wardrobe Tower in 1224.
1. Queen's House- The Queen's House was originally called the Lieutenant's Lodgings. Now the Queen's House is the governor of London's house. The Queen's House was either called the King's House or the Queen's House depending on who was staying there. Tourists are unable to visit the Queen's House when they visit the Tower of London.
1. Waterloo Block- The Waterloo Block got it's title from the Waterloo Battle. The cannons you will see in front of the entrance to the Waterloo Block are from the French at Waterloo. Today the Waterloo Block serves as a house to the guards, it also serves as the Jewel House. It has served as a Jewel House since 1967.
2. Hospital Block- The Hospital Block today is the houses of the officials in the Tower of London. The Hospital Block is now not open to the public.
1. Royal Fusiliers Museum- The Royal Fusiliers Museum gets it's name from the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers'. This has a connection with Tower of London because of the Monmouth's rebellion in 1685.
1. Legge's Mount- The Legge's Mount serves as a protection on the northwest angle of the Tower of London. The Legge's Mount got his title from George Legge.
2. Brass Mount- The Brass Mount is located on the northeast angle of the Tower of London. The Brass Mount got it's name from the enormous brass cannons that were handled at the Tower during the seventeenth century.
1. Traitors Gate- The Traitors Gate is the entrance to St. Thomas's Tower which was a river entrance to the Tower. The Traitors Gate got it's title because of the numerous prisoners that tried to escape there. Prisoners such as Sir Thomas More and Anne Boleyn were some of the prisoners that tried to escape at the Traitor's Gate.
1.Ravens Lodgings- The Ravens Lodgings is where the the ravens build their nests.
1. Crown Jewels- click on the link!
2. New Armories- The New Armories was built during the years of 1663-1664. The New Armories served as a room fro small arms. At the beginning of World War II they used the New Armories as a house to the prisoners of war.
3. Chapel of St. Peter Ad Vincula- The Chapel of St. Peter Ad Vincula served as a chapel during the mid thirteenth century. The original chapel was burnt down by a fire in 1512. Many of the people that were executed in the Tower were buried here.
4. Casemates- The Casemates were houses that were built on the side in the Tower of London. The Casemates served as houses to the Yeoman Warders. The Casemates are not open to the public.