Selkirk Lighthouse was built in 1838. It is located on Lake Road, west off Route 3. It may look small but it is 25 feet wide by 30 feet long. It was taken out of service in 1959 since it wasn’t needed any more. It has the original lantern still which are a hexagonal dome of glass and iron. There are only a few of these original lanterns left in the United States. There are no activities or gift shops, but there is the Lighthouse Hotel right next door to the lighthouse.