ThinkQuest Citations and References
1. One Hunahpu Poem on main index page:
Thank you to John Major Jenkins, author of Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 for giving us permission to use his poem on our index page. click here for his permission.
Electronic Source: Text or Multimedia from Web Pages, FTP sites, Telnet
PuzzleMaker to make puzzles and mazes. http://puzzlemaker.school.discovery.com/ 2. TestMaker:
Testmaker to make the tests. http://www.argosphere.net/TestMaker/index.htm 3. Yahoo! Picture
used Yahoo Picture Gallery for some photos.
here for more info. http://gallery.yahoo.com/ 4. Quicktime http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
1. PuzzleMaker: We used PuzzleMaker to make puzzles and mazes.
2. TestMaker: We used Testmaker to make the tests.
3. Yahoo! Picture Gallery: We used Yahoo Picture Gallery for some photos. Click here for more info.
Electronic Source: E-Mail Messages
Electronic Source: Publications on CD-ROM, Diskette, or Magnetic Tapes, WWW
1. The Second Voyage of the MIMI - CD-Rom Collection by Sunburst Communications.Inc. 1996
2. A Zillion Sounds 2.0 - CD-Rom By BeachWare
3. Media Clips 1 by Softkey Multimedia, Inc. 1993-95
4. Hyperstudio Project Resource Kit - CD By FTC Publishing Group
5. Tulum & Xel-Ha Video by C/Producciones (Mexico)
6. In Search of the Mayas Video by C/Producciones (Mexico)
7. World Book Encyclopedia 1998 IBM- CDRom
8. 5,000 Photos Graphics and Photographs by Nova Development 1996
9. Media Clips 2 1993-1995 SoftKey Multimedia, Inc.
10. Art Explosion 250,000 Images Nova Development 95-97
11. Web Explosion Images-1998-1998 Nova Development
Periodicals - none
Printed Materials - Books
All of our information is a synthesis of many sources. See our Library of Resources.
The following books were are favorites.
Maya Cosmogenesis 2012:The True Meaning of the Maya Calendar End-Date by John Major Jenkins 1998 Bear & Co. Inc., NM
THE ANCIENT MAYA by Beck, Barbara. Franklin Watts, NY, 1983 revised.
THE MAYAN PROPHECIES by Adrian Gilbert and Maurice Cottrell. Barnes and Noble. NY. 1996
Photographs for this site have been compiled from copyright free sources. Thank you to John, Jesse, Judi, and Alex for the use of their personal photographs from their travels to Guatemala, Mexico and Honduras. These photos have swift or pandolfo on them, We also used Yahoo! Picture Gallery for photos. These photos have corbis.com on them.
Short video clips, copyright free photos and original graphics were gathered from several different sources and multimedia disks to make our movies. We used iMovie to produce them.
We used Kaboom! to mix the music for our site. Clips were taken from Media Clips, A Zillion Sounds CD's and then mixed by students to create original sounds.
Graphics and Animated Gifs
We used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Image Ready to make them.