Watermanship is how well you maintain yourself in the water by staying confident and safe. You can make sure you are ready to snokel by following these steps carefully and accurately.
1. First make sure you can confidently do the flutter kick. This is important becuase you let yourself go in deep water.
2. Be sure you're comfortable with swimming at least 200 yards using a combination of different strokes.
3. Work on treading water for at least 3 minutes.
4. Float face down holding your breath as long as you can.
5. Jump in 8 feet of clear water feet first to get used to the pressure.
6. Also jump in water head first and get a weight of 8-12 pounds to bring back to the surface.
Once you can do all these tasks with no problem, then your are set to start lessons.