The Gladys City Oil and Gas Manufacturing Company was the first company established in
1892 to develop the potential of the Spindletop area.
Patillo Higgins was the founder.
His partners were George W. Carroll, George W. O'Brien, and J. F. Lanier.
Inside the building are period furnishings. On the walls are copies of stock certificates
and original documents establishing the Gladys City Company.