- Reidman, Marianne. Sea Otters. Monterey Bay, CA: Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation, 1997, 1990.
- Leon, Vicki. A Raft of Sea Otters an Affectionate Portrait. San Luis Obispo, CA: EZ Nature Books Publishers, 1999.
- Swanson, Diane. Welcome to the World of Otters. Vancouver, Toronto, 1997, 2000.
- Kelsy, Elin. Saving Sea Otters. Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation, 1999.
- Rigsby, Micheal. Monterey Bay Aquarium. Monterey Bay, CA: Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation, 1992
Part of Book
- Rigsby, Micheal. “Caring of Sea Otters” Monterey Bay Aquarium. Ed. Nora L. Deans. Monterey Bay, CA: Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation, 1992, pp. 34-37.
- The Western Regional Environmental Education Council, Inc. “Aquatic Project Wild”. Printed in U.S.A., 1994, pp. 48-51
- Owings Wentworth, Margret. “Focus on Sea Otters”. Sea Otters. 1999-2001. < http://www.montereybayaquarium.com/efc/efc_otter.asp > (January-February)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. 1995. North Dakota’s federally listed endangered, threatened, and candidate species 1995. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bismarck, ND. Jamestown, ND:
Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center Home Page. http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/others/nddanger.html (Version 16JUI97)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium staff. Focus On Sea Otters, Habitats Path http://www.montereybayaquarium.com/efc/. (January and February)
- USGS staff. U.S. Geological Survey. Sea Otters, Endangered Species, Sea Otter Statistics http://www.usgs.gov/. (January and February)