Bill Peet Book Project Ideas - Magic Picture
Magic Picture Project (Wump World):
Piece of paper - 4" by 4"
Thread - 1 foot
Colored pencils or markers
1. On one side of paper draw a picture of city skyscrapers with no
2. On the opposite side draw a picture of just smoke and pollution (without
3. Place your picture on a flat surface, pollution side up. Stretch the thread
over the picture. Center the thread on the picture.
4. Tape the thread against the top and bottom of the picture.
5. Take an end of the thread in each hand. Straighten it out so you can see the
picture of the city skyscrapers. Now blow on the side of the picture to make
it spin quickly. It will appear that the pollution is now in the city.