Alimentary Canal- Passage
in a body that food passes through and digested.
opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal.
lurch from side to side.
Caudal Fin- A caudal fin is like a tail.
A caudal peduncle is like a tail
Having a distinct head with a beak
and muscular tentacles that usually have suckers on them.
- The group of mammals to which dolphins belong.
The word comes from the Greek word cetus, meaning whole.
Convex- Curving out like a
to get love of someone or something; to seek a mate.
The lens of a vertebrate eye.
Marking or setting the boundaries
- the killing of an infant in order to mate with the mother.
Membranous tissue, usually in a single layer.
The outer most or farthest point.
and tapered to a point.
To handle or stroke with affection.
- searching for food in a scavenging like way.
Tapering at each end: spindle-shaped.
- the amount of time that a female is pregnant.
- where the milk is stored on the female.
Functioning as a gland.
- A group, herd, or school of fish.
Of or pertaining to a breast or mama.
- the forehead of a dolphin mammery.
of or similar to the membrane.
fish species, including such fish as Atlantic Silver Cod, Silver
Hake, White Hake, Pollock, and Fourbeard Rockling.
wolf-like animals who are the dolphins' most likely ancestors.
size of a dog.
- Characterized by migration.
The biological study of the form and structure of a living
The forward, projecting part of the head, including the jaws and
A v-shaped cut out.
- The smallest living organisms.
to, affecting, or used in respiration.
Powerfully built, sturdy, husky.
Where the baby is kept in the to be mom.
To young to be weaned.
A gradual decrease in size; to get thinner near the end.
A corresponding part in animals.
- of, on, or near the belly.
The uterus of a female dolphin.