Native Americans (56 questions)
type the answer to each question. Your answer will be graded immediately and cannot be
Name these homes.
Match the home with the
Native American group. Select name of the home before each Indian group.
7. Algonquian and Great Lake Tribes
Part 2 Art Work
Fill in the blanks.
16. The Navajo made paintings from to help cure the sick.
17. The Algonquian Indians made to help their children have good dreams.
18. The Seminole women wore many . She received a new one each birthday until she turned 40.
19. The Northwest Coastal Indians built tall and placed them in front of their homes.
20. The Pueblo Indians made dolls of their gods called and gave them to the children to play with so they would not be afraid.
21. The Inuit made carvings from .
22. The Plains Indians made just about everything from .
23. The Eastern Woodland Indians beaded and filled them with herbs for curing the sick.
24. The Northeast Indians made containers from .
25. The Plains Indians were the only group to wear . The chief wore this when he went into battle.
26. were musical instruments made from turtle shells.
27. were another musical instrument. They were usually made from a hollow log.
28. The Iroquois made masks from .
Part 3 Location
Can you name the region of North America where
the tribes or groups listed below lived?
31. Algonquian and
Great Lake Tribes
37. Northwest Coastal
Which region does
38. area from the Mississippi River to the Rocky Mountains and from Canada to Mexico
39. area that is now Alaska along the Pacific Ocean down to Northern California
40. covers the area which in now Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona
41. the area from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico and from the Atlantic Ocean to the
Part 4 Clothing
Fill in the blanks with a Native American
group. (Note some items below may have more than one answer. You need to name only one.)
Which Native American group wore clothes made
42. buffalo hides
43. plant fibers
44. cotton or wool
The Algonquian and
this group made their clothes from elk or deer hides.
The Navajo and this
group copied clothes of the Mexicans.
47. wood fibers
48. caribou or seal
49. deer hides and woven plants
Name the group.
50. The raided other tribes for food.
51. ate otters, walruses, seals, and caribou.
52. The ate salmon, whales, bear, caribou, deer, elk, and moose as well as roots and
berries, gathered from the forests.
53. were desert farmers. They grew alot of corn.
54. ate buffalo.
55. ate beans, squash, and corn which they named The Three Sisters. They also hunted
for deer, bears, caribou, elk, moose, wild duck, geese, partridge,beavers, and other game.
56. were hunters and farmers. Much of their diet was wild rice.
Graphics from this page
are from Zena's Clipart.
to Native American Index Page