Chapters 15 - 16
1. When did the hurricane hit?
a. in the morning
b. at noon
c. after dark
2. Why did Phillip and Timothy have to leave the hut?
a. The lizards came inside the hut for protection.
b. It blew away.
c. to get food
3. How did Timothy protect Phillip from the storm?
a. He tied himself and Phillip to a palm tree with Timothy behind Phillip.
b. He took Phillip to the cave.
c. Timothy tied the raft behind Phillip's back.
4. How high did the ocean get?
a. to Phillips ankles
b. to Phillips waist
c. over Phillips head
5. What happened to Timothy during the storm?
a. a shark bit his leg
b. a large piece of drift wood cut his arm
c. his backside was cut and bleeding from the sand and sea grape that hit him during the storm
6. What happened to Timothy after the storm?
a. He died.
b. He was OK.
7. What did Phillip find to eat?
a. one coconut
b. a fish
8. Why did the bird attack Phillip?
a. Phillip stepped on the nest and broke an egg.
b. The hurricane made the birds protective on the island.
The Cay Index