Chapters 13 and 14
1. Why did Timothy teach Phillip how to fish?
a. to give Phillip something to do
b. so Phillip could feel good about himself
c. so he could take care of himself if something happened to Timothy
2. What did Phillip use to catch a fish?
a. a fish hook made out of nails
3. What was Timothy too old to do?
a. swim out in the ocean to catch large fish
b. climb the palm trees and get coconuts
c. build a strong hut
4. How did Phillip get to the reef to fish?
a. He followed the driftwood Timothy stuck in the sand.
b. He followed the rope.
c. Timothy took him any time he wanted to go.
5. What sounds did the ocean make?
b. roaring like wind blowing
c. noises like gun shots
6. What did Timothy do with the rope as the hurricane was coming?
a. He tied it to a palm tree on a high point on the island.
b. He tied up Stew Cat.
c. He tied the raft to a palm tree.
7. Why did Timothy and Phillip eat a large meal?
a. Timothy found a new place to catch crabs.
b. Phillip had caught his first fish and they were celebrating.
c. A hurricane was coming and they may not get to eat again for a long time.
8. What did Phillip say to Timothy?
a. Are you still black?
b. Do you like to catch lobsters?
c. Do you know what time it is?
9. Before the storm came the ocean looked ______________ .
a. as smooth as green jelly
b. rough as a porcupines backReturn to The Cay Index