How We Did Our Headers
The purpose of our header was to make the navagation easy for them to get around the site. We used the color for our header to show red= past, dark green= Present and dark blue= Future. We slice picture horzontally because we wanted to get the inportant things in out headers the picture.
- Choose a graphic that deals with your topic. (Ex. Picture of bombing of Pearl Harbor if you were doing a site on World War II)
- Then in Photoshop change the image size(width) to 600.
- Then slice it horozontily. But you have to slice the part that you feel that is most inportant. Then copy.
- Then open a new file and the width is 600 and the hight is 70 and paste in the image. You have to make the hight 70 by 600 because that is were you would put the sliced picture there.
- Then move it to where you want it and save it as a (psd= photoshop document).
- Then flatten the image and save it in any name you want that you will remember.
- Then open a new file and the width is 600 and the hight is 100. You would make the hight 100 by 600 because you would paste the sliced picture and put the color in.
- Next you paste the sliced picture into the new file and move the picture to the top.
- On the right side of your screen should be a tool bar that says"layers", then after you find the tool bar your make a new layer.
- Then click on the new layer and take the paint spill tool and paint spill color has to do something about the color with the site, like how we included the picture in our header and they had to do with the matching of the sections
- The chose the same for each header to be concise. After you type the letters you should move it to some on the header and some on the pictrue to give a nice balance. But the words can't be too long becauses it will through off the balance. And it will turn out like this...
- Then you save the header as a (psd) and then flatten your image and save it as a (gif). You save as (gif) because you have words and they will come out clearly.