Prevention Strategies#1 Don't leave a gun lying around because kids might get a hold of it
#2 If you see a gun do the following...
Leave the area
Tell an adult
3. Don't leave a gun loaded when it is not in use because children might get a hold of it and you don't want that to happen.
4. When crossing a fence with a gun never cross it with the gun in your hand because it might go off.
5. Always aim in a safe direction because you don't want to shoot someone.
6. Always wear the appropriate camouflage when hunting and during gun season wear solid orange so your sure to be seen by the other hunters.
7. Always make sure what is behind your target before you shoot because you don't want to shoot a person behind your target.