Places to Visit
There are many interesting Civil War sites to visit
both in person and through the World Wide Web. If you can't come to Virginia to
check out our museums and battlefields, visit some of these great web sites instead.
The Virginia Civil War Home Page
At this site, you can find information about Virginians who fought in the war.
Confederate Clip Art Many of the images on our web site
came from this collection.
The National Archives and Records Administration You can access
a copy of the Emancipation Proclamation and some of Civil War photographer Matthew Brady's pictures.
National Parks ServiceThis web site has information about the battlefields at Richmond, Petersburg, Fredericksburg, and Spotsylvania.
Civil War TravelerThis web site has a lot of information about Civil War museums and battlefields to visit in Virginia. You can submit your name and address to receive brochures at your house.
Places to Visit in Virginia
Back to the main page.
- Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park-
- Open all year. Costs $3 for adults. Call (540)373-6122
- Pamplin Historical Park and the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier (Petersburg area)-
- We visited here and learned a lot! The museum is excellent and we had a lot of fun re-enacting battles on the trails. It is open year-round and costs $10 for adults. Call 1-877-PAMPLIN for more information or check out Pamplin's web site.
- Exchange Hotel and Civil War Museum(Gordonsville)-
- Open the middle of March through the middle of December on Tuesdays-Saturdays. $4 for adults. Call (540)832-2944.
- Lee Hall Mansion (in the Tidewater area)-
- Tours year-round of this restored Confederate headquarters. $5 adults. Call (757) 888-3371 for more details.
- Richmond National Battlefield Park-
- This battlefield is open daily and is free to visit. Call (804) 226-1981 for more information.
- Museum and White House of the Confederacy-
- The museum has many Confederate artifacts and is open daily. $9 for adults. Call (804)649-1861.
Information about visiting Richmond can be found on the web site or by calling 1-888-RICHMOND.
If you have any questions or comments about our website, please contact us at VACivilWar@yahoo.com.