THE GAME OF BASKETBALL
Basketball has 4 quarters and each quarter is 12 minutes long. Each team has 5 people on the court at a time. At the beginning of the game, the referee throws the ball in the air so that the center of each team can slap the ball to his teammates. You're not allowed to dribble pass the half court line and then go back
When you shoot you can make 1, 2, or 3 points. 1 for free throw, 2 for shooting in front of the 3-point line and 3 for shooting behind the 3 point line. Your not allowed to hit the ball away from the basket when someone on the other team shoots and it's about to go in. It's called goal tending.
You can't dribble the ball, pick it up, and then dribble it again. That's called double dribble. You can't hurt anyone or it's called fouling. If you foul someone when they're shooting they get to shoot 2 free throws.
To win the game, you have to score more points than the team that you're playing against.
Dr. James Naismith invented basketball in 1891. At first they used peach baskets for hoops and they used soccer balls. The first pro game was played in 1898.
5 WAYS TO BE A GOOD B-BALL PLAYER
1. When you are shooting if you have a good form shooting will become easier.
2. Always have control of the ball.
3. When you're at the free throw line concentrate on the basket, then when you're relaxed shoot the ball.
4. Concentrate on the ball and steal as many passes as you can.
5. Always remember to try your best, have fun, and make sure that your teammates do their best also.