Have you ever wanted to learn how to make a quill pen? Well, if you follow the directions below you will learn how to make your very own!
The materials you will need are:
1. Cut each side of the feather (only the tips).
2. If you can, the sides should come out to a nice even point.
3. GOOD JOB! You have now made your pen.
4. Next, dip your pen in ink and practice writing with it.
5. You should be able to make fancy designs.
Walnut Shell Ink
Now you need some ink to go with your pen. Read the directions below and in a few minutes you will be an expert on making walnut shell ink!
The ingredients you will need are:
The utensils you will need are:
1. Put the walnut shells into the paper bag, then crush them with a hammer (on the ground).
2. Next, put the walnut shells into the saucepan, then add a cup of water to it.
3. Bring the mixture to boil.
4. After that, you strain the ink through your cheesecloth and into the jar. Then put the cover on the jar and put it away so you know where to find it when you want to use it.