· The first step is to make an outline of all of your information.
· It makes it easier if you use signs instead of writing it out. Like =, #, &, and =.
· Make your outline in this form.
Intro: Prejudice and friendship that applies to then ( 1600's) and now ( 21st century.)
I. Topic Sentence: Kit is an outcast, but not with friends.
A. Kit is considered an outcast = different
1. Royalist, she can swim, read, but not always the bible like puritans.
B. She was tried for being with a suspected witch that lives in the town.
1. Prudence and Nat proved to the court that she wasn't a witch.
2. Finally she understood that she was not an outcast because she had friends.
II. Prejudice is still happening today. Today, if you are different, people dislike you. But if you have friends, it doesn't matter.
A. If you're not interested in certain subjects, you feel like an outcast.
B. If you have friends that share your thoughts you wouldn't feel like an outcast.
C. You will know if you have true friends. They would stand up for you they would give you courage.
Conclusion: The lessons that I learned from "Witch" can apply to today. Lessons about prejudice and friendship.
· After you write the outline, put it into essay format. You will see what this looks like on the next page.
That's all for Essay Tips!