Halloween is a time when children dress up in costumes and walk around their neighborhood to ask for candy. It is important to have a flashlight if it is getting dark outside.
Here are some things you want to be aware of about how to be safe in your costume:
* Be sure your costume is not too long. You don't want to trip over it.
* If you decide to wear a mask make sure you can see clearly out of it.
* Consider using face paint on your face instead of a mask, because you will be able to see better.
* It is a nice idea to wear clothing that has reflective tape so you will be safe around cars.
* Carry a bag that will not burst open so that all of your candy will stay in your bag.
Things you need to know about trick or treating
* Make sure your parents/guardians know where you are going and when you will be back.
* Do not go alone.
* Do not walk in the street, you could get hit by a car.
* Look both ways before crossing the street.
* Only go to houses with their front porch light on.
* Never go in a house, accept candy or treats from the doorway.
NOT SO WELL KNOWN HOLIDAYS
Aviation Day Sweetest Day
HOLIDAYS FOR EVERYONE
Halloween Thanksgiving Valentine's Day New Year's Day
Easter Christmas Hannukah