Make Your Own Jet
* Print the following template.
* Cut out the three pieces.
* Trace the pieces on Styrofoam (we went to a local grocery store and asked the meat department for meat trays).
* Cut out the three jet pieces.
* On the lines that are marked "score", make a very light cut. Cut less than half way through these scored lines will enable you to experiment with changing the direction of the flight path.
* Cut a hole in the two sections on the fuselage.
Make Your Own Balloon Jet Engine
A balloon, a drinking straw, string, and tape.
1. Blow up the balloon. Ask a friend to hold the neck to keep in the air.
2. Thread a string through the straw.
3. Tie the string tightly between two chairs.
4. Attach the straw to the balloon with tape.
5. Let go of the balloon's neck.
BACK TO HOME PAGE