How to Write a Historical Fiction Story
This is Shelly giving you some helpful hints on how to write a Historical Fiction piece. Here are some terms you will probably need to know:
Main Characters- The person(s) who will be in most parts of the story.
Supporting Characters- The other people in the story. Their part isn't in the entire story.
Main Idea- What is the point of the story?¿ What is your plot?¿
Problem- What Will you need to solve?
Solution- What will you need to do in order to solve your problem?¿
Now, here you will find what kind of details fit into your story. Read on to learn something really cool!!!
These are all about details!!!
First, you need to know what the 5 Senses are. (I'm hoping you do! If you don't, that's okay, because you will learn all about it and how to use it in a Historical Fiction Story!) By the way details are describing words!
These are the five senses and what they do:
1. Taste- What you taste, it could be a candy bar or it could be the other kind of taste. This "other" taste would be if you were trapped in the attic you would probably taste fear. Are you starting to get it?¿
2. Touch- The texture of the objects and walls around you. (example: the walls were rough, but the floor was smooth.)
3. Feeling- What you can feel: pain, joy, sadness, etc.
4. Smell- What you can smell: perfume, food, etc. You can smell other things too. Like if you hit your little brother you could smell trouble. Do you get it?¿
5. See-What is around you; your environment.
I hope these tips help you. Read on for more!!!
Now all you have to do is put together a story, right?¿ If you said yes, then you are absolutely............ WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Go to the next page for a list of Story- Eating- Monsters, and how to prevent them from devouring your story!!!