Are you having any trouble with managing your time? If you do have this common problem, we have just the answer...a plan for organizing.
First, try dividing your time into segments. To do this, buy or make an organizer that is easy to use. We will be teaching you how to make this later on in this page or you may want to look at something similar to buy.
Before you start using this organizer, you should know that you should have no more than one and that everything should be kept in or on that one organizer. There are many types that will work. You may decide to choose one that is on a daily basis, a weekly basis, or even a monthly basis.
Here are a few things that you must have to make our daily organizer:
Now let's make the organizer/calendar!:
- a calendar with enough space to write down everything you need (whether they are your appointments or anything else you do)
- a long, sharpened pencil or a pen on a string for writing everything down near the calendar.
- a 22"X28" sheet of poster board paper (it can be larger) or a cork bulletin board to pin things on about that size
- If you are really desperate to get organized, you may want to get a couple of rulers.
- One more thing that you may want to think about is if you want any extras. By extras, we mean things to add like a mini phone directory in your organizer. Some other extras you may want to add include extra pages (for notes that you may want if you can't fit all the notes on your calendar.
Guess What!? You're done!
- Write "DAILY ORGANIZER" at the top of the poster board in bold print, or write the words and tack them on your bulletin board at the top.
Print out copies of our organizer sections. You will need the program Adobe Acrobat Reader to make these print. If you don't have it you can go to Adobe's Page to download it. It is free! You will want to get your parents permission to do this though, and maybe even ask them to help you.
- Print out a copy of our calendar or attach the one you bought to the corner of your organizer.
- Print our regular task list and fill in the activities you do regularly.
- Attach this to one corner of your organizer.
- Write these regular activities on your calendar on the correct days.
- Now print out our assignment sheets to carry to school with you. You may want to put holes in them and put them in the front of your notebook.
- You need to know when you have long-term projects, so we will print a sheet to help us keep track of those and put it on another corner.
- Now take some time to decorate your organizer and hang in somewhere where you will go each day to update it when necessary.
Now the most important import of all is to make sure you look at and fill out the organizer EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!For an example of what it should look like, we have taken a picture of it when it is complete
ONE MORE NOTE: BE SURE TO WRITE IN PENCIL OR ERASABLE PEN, SO YOU CAN RE-USE THE SHEETS ON THE ORGANIZER ALL OVER AGAIN or YOU CAN REPRINT THEM.Now, the finished product...