(Click on any pictures to see it up close.)
Rock climbing is a fun sport, but can also be
We know how you have to stay focused on the
rock while climbing, but you must stay focused on your safety
Here are some tips on how to be safe.
1. Put on all equipment on, such as a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and harness's are the main things.
2. If you are on a rock formation don't try to fall off dramatically to look "cool" or you'll look mangled at the hospital!
3. Don't play hide and seek or other games when climbing.
4. Don't throw loose rocks at other people.
5. When climbing check foot-holds and hand-holds for loose rocks or anything that would make you slip before climbing higher.
6. If any of your equipment falls off you should stop climbing and call for help OR try climbing down as a last resort.
7. Don't climb a mountain to steep for you because you might get scared and fall off.
8. Take lessons from a professional before climbing a mountain by yourself.
9. If you start slipping you should stay calm and hang on to your bungee and slide down.
10. If rock climbing sounded scary and unsafe to you before, you can rely on these tips to keep you safe!