Electricity, it's something we use everyday, so we need to save it. We know that there are rules applying for everything, that's why we have electricity safety. Here are ten rules needed to stay safe around electrical things and to save electricity.
- Never poke things such as pencils, paper clips and steel nails into an electrical outlet.
- When upgrading a computer always turn off the power switch.
- Never leave an electrical appliance on too long or it could start a fire.
- Don't put alkaline batteries to charge in a battery charger, only charge nickel cadium batteries.
- If you turn on your computer and are going stop using it for a couple of minutes and are going come back, turn off your monitor because it uses up the most electricity.
- Don't plug too many things in a single outlet or it might overcharge and blow up
- Make sure copper wires are coated securely if they aren't they could start a fire!
- Never touch a live wire because it's coating might be too thin and you could get burned.
- Never un-plug things that are on, first turn it off then un-plug it.
- Don't experiment with wires or electrical sources without adult supervision.
Well that's some tips on how to be safe when it comes to electricity.
Wait what's this?!