IN THE KITCHEN
- Dont cook alone or without asking an adult.
- Remind your parents to turn pot handles toward the center of the stove. They should never hang over the edge where someone could bump into them and knock them off the stove.
THROUGH OUT THE HOUSE
- Never put anything over a lamp, like clothes or a blanket, not even when playing.
- Dont touch radiators or heaters. Ask an adult to turn a heater on or off for you.
- Dont stand too close to the fireplace or a wood stove. You could get burned or your clothes could catch fire.
Never touch matches, lighters, or candles. If you see matches or lighters in a room, tell an adult right away. Remind grown-ups to change smoke alarm batteries at least once a year.
- Dont play with electrical cords.
- Never stick anything into an electrical socket.
- Turn off lights, stereos, TVs and other electrical equipment when you are finished using them.
Home Fire Checkup Questions
1. You should cook alone and not ask an adult.
2. Should you turn a heater off or on alone?
3. What should you put in a electrical socket?
4. You should remind your parents to turn pot handles toward the center of the stove.
Answers: 1. b 2.b 3. a 4. a