How To Hold A Storytelling Festival
Our school, Central School, has been holding a storytelling festival for 10 years. You can have a storytelling festival with your school, your class, or just with some friends. This is how you can start a storytelling festival too!
1. Publicize. Make flyers and posters about your storytelling festival. In them tell where and when it is going to be.
2. Choose a story. First have everyone who wants to tell a story choose a story. On our site we have tips for choosing your story.
3. Learn your story. There are many techniques to learn your story. Read about them in our tips for learning.
4. Spilt Into Groups. If you have a big storytelling group, like your school, split them up into smaller groups. It's fun to have all different ages in a group. Give each group a number. Then put numbered stickers on the children. For instance, whoever is in group #1 put a sticker on them that says "#1". Have an adult supervise each group.
5. Tell! Now it is time to tell your story! We have tips for telling on this site too!
6. Listen. Make sure you and everyone else in your storytelling group are listening attentively. Here are some tips for listening!