1. Martin Luther King Jr. won in what year? 1964 He won for his efforts towards civil rights.
2. Yasser Arafat won in 1994 for his efforts to create peace where? In the Middle East.
3. In 1901 the first Nobel Peace Prizes were awarded to the President of the 1st French Peace Society and the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross. Who are they? Frederic Passy and Jean Henri Dunant.
4. In 1999 Doctors Without Boarders was awarded the prize for providing assistance to disaster victims.
5. Amnesty International won the Peace Prize for working to protect human rights all over the world. What year did they win? 1977
6. In 1973 Henry Kissinger and LeDuc Tho won for negotiating the Vietnam peace accord. One of them declined the prize. Which one? LeDuc Tho.
7. In 1905 what U.S. President received the prize for drawing up a peace treaty between Russia and Japan? Theodore Roosevelt.
8. In what year did Mother Teresa win?1979 (Click her name to read part of her acceptance speech.)
9. Elie Wiesel won in 1986 for his humanitarian work . He wrote many books. What were they about? The Holocaust.
10. In 1952 Albert Schweitzer won for being a missionary surgeon.
Back to The Hero Within