Did you Know?
1. Did you know that the color green was picked for paper currency in the U.S. because green pigment at the time was readily available?
2. Did you know that paper currency contains 25% linen and 75% cotton?
3. Did you know that the Bureau of Engraving and Printing makes 37 million notes a day which is a total of 696 million dollars?
4. Did you know that one piece of paper currency weighs exactly .032 troy ounces and would take 490 pieces to add up to one pound?
5. Did you know that Benjamin Franklin is on the front of the $100 dollar bill and that Independence Hall is on the back?
6. Did you know that the first dollar to have the Great Seal of the United States was the silver dollar certificate in 1935?
7. Did you know that the famous phrase "In God We Trust" was first issued in 1964 on the two-cent piece in ?
8. Did you know that all bills have different life spans, for example: the one dollar bill usually lives for only18 months?
9. Did you know that anyone accused of making counterfeit money may be fined for $ 5,000 or maybe sent to jail for 15 years?
10. Did you know that Alexander Hamilton is on the front of the $10 dollar bill and the U.S. treasury building is on the back?