The Druids are a mysterious group of people. Some say it was they who created Stonehenge to worship in. There is one drawback though. We have no evidence that it was the druids! Now here are some facts on their world.
1. Druidism was led by Hu Gardan Hyscion (Hu the Mighty).
2. They were a priestly, educated group that was among the Celts.
3. They lived in ancient Europe. They were judges, priests, and law makers.
4. They had religious ceremonies and settled legal problems, and were leaders and advisors for the people.
5. In the Druids' religion, they worshipped many gods.
6. They thought that mistletoe and oak were sacred.
7. They believed that the soul was immortal and enters a new body after death.
8. Killed animals and maybe people for sacrifices.
9. Druids studied the flights of birds and the remains of sacrificed animals to tell the future.
10. Between 300 B.C. and A.D. 100 the Romans were conquering ancient Europe. The Romans tried to stop druidism.
11. Their religion died out when the Celts became Christians.
12. In the 1600's, Celts became interested on their old Druidism heritage.
13. Some groups in Great Britain practice Druidisn and celebrate some of the festivals.
14. There were festivals at the beginning of summer, autumn, winter, and spring.
15. We think that the Druids used to have a big celebration at Stonehenge.
16. They had eisteddfods, which included poetry, that were Druidic rites.
17. They usually met in groves.
18. They are in a number of Irish mythological legends.
usually wore white robes.