Here are some awesome ideas to
book reports more exciting and interesting!
2. Write and draw a rebus summary for your story.
3. Make a mural depicting the book.
4. Make a diorama or peep box of a scene.
5. Make a bookmark. Include a scene from the book. Give the title, author, and write a very short summary or sales pitch.
6. Make a timeline of the story and illustrate it.
7. Write a book recommendation of advertisement.
8. On a bulletin board make a quilt about the story. Include characters and events or other objects which fit in with the story.
9. Conduct a reader's theater by reading aloud a passage from the book. Work with other students to convey the mood of the story and personalities of the characters.
10. Dress as the main character and tell about your life.
11. Make a game about the book that you read.
12. Construct a mobile that tells the title of the book, author's name and shows characters and events from the story.
13. Plan a puppet show about your book.
14. Make a poster about the book.
15. Write an original poem, play, story or song based on the story.
16. Make models of objects or characters from the book.
17. Write a rapp about your book. Put it to background music.
18. Design a banner or flag to represent the book.
19. Draw a map showing places, routes, or events of a story.
20. Make an oral book report or tape record your report.
21. Make a crossword puzzle using at least 10 words from your book. The words might include the names of characters, places or things found in the story.
22. Write a letter to your best friend telling them why they should read the book.
23. Make up a lost and found ad for a person or object in the story.
24.Create an original comic strip using the characters in the book.
25. Make a collage picture of parts of the book.
26. Make a wanted poster for some character in the book.
27. Make a life-size character of any of the main characters from the book.
28. Make a travel brochure inviting people to come to the setting of the book. INclude pictures and things to do and see while there.
29. Make a set of 4 place mats showing different scenes from the book.
30. Write a letter to someone in the book.
31.Write a letter to the author telling him or her
how you liked the book.
32. Make a vocabulary list of unusual words from the book and include their definitions.
33. Change the ending of the story and discuss how that change would have changed the book.
34. Make a radio or TV commercial to advertise your book.
35. Interview a favorite character in the book. Write a series of questions for a talk show interview.
36. Think of one word to describe the book you read. Cut out pictures that illustrate this word (theme) and past them on paper.
37. Make a scrapbook about the things that happened in your book.
38. Tell about an important incident or anecdote as if you were a speaker on a television program about good books.
39. If your book was on how to do or make things, give a demonstration with written or oral directions on how to make a particular thing.
40. Play charades with your teacher. Try to act out parts of the story with gestures and pantomime.
41. Select three short passages from your book and read them to others.
42. Write a comparison between two books on the same subject or two books by the same author.
43. Write your own story based on the title of your book.
44. Make up your own way of reporting on the book you've read.
45. Make up a short test covering the main idea in the story.
46. Pretend you must nominate a book for the Book of the Year AWard. Write a paper explaining why your book should win.
47. Rewrite a scene from your book as if one of the characters in the book was writing it.
48. Find a popular song and put new words to the song which tell about the story you have read.
49. Illustrate an important event in the story and make a puzzle out of the picture.
50. Write riddles about the main characters and see if others can guess who they are.
Cleary ~ Dahl
~ Fleischman ~ Lasky
Naylor ~ Paterson ~ Paulsen ~ Rowling ~ Tolkien
Quiz ~ Resources ~ The Team ~ Table of Contents