1. Hurricanes are types of storms which form over the ___________ waters of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
A.Cool wet, Atlantic waters
B. Warm, Tropical waters
C. Cold , Pacific waters
D. Wet waters
2. Where did the word Hurricane come from?
A. The West Indian God of storms "Hurricane"
B. The chief of the Kallam Tribe
C. John Sexier
D. Nancy Ward
3. Hurricane damage occurs from_______ , storm surges,and rainfall
B. water vapor
D. strong winds
4. A tropical storm becomes a hurricane when its winds reach a speed of _______mph.
5. Who was the Saffir Simpson Scale named after?
A. The Saffir Tree and the Simpson Tree
B. Herbert Saffir and Robert Simpson
C. Mona Lisa and Madeline
D. Annie Saffir and Amy Simpson
6. When was the Saffir - Simpson Scale invented?
A. early 70's
B. middle 70's
C. late 70's
D. early 80's