Here is a sample business letter:
Canyon View Elementary School
San Diego, CA 92129
February 10, 2000
Mr. Tedd Arnold
Penguin Books USA Inc.
375 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014
Dear Mr. Arnold:
We are a group of fifth grade students working on a website design which is about reading and writing. We picked a few of our favorite authors to interview and would like to publish your answers on our website. We would appreciate it if you would respond to our questions and give us permission to publish your answers on our website.
Thank you for taking your time to answer our questions.
1. What made you want to write books?
2. What books did you enjoy as a child?
3. What is the hardest part about writing and illustrating books?
4. What did it feel like when you first sold a book?
5. Besides yourself who is your favorite author and illustrator?
6. Do you follow a schedule when you write a book?
7. Why do you spell your name with two "d"'s?!
Thank you for helping us do our project.
Ben, Caitlin, Holeh, Lizzie, Scott and SoYeon
Room 22 ThinkQuest Jr. Team