|Home||Of the very many types of spiders found in the world, only a few have a poison strong enough to be fatal to humans. Although, after being bitten, if medically treated the poisons can be counter-acted and not be fatal. Most spiders' fangs are even too small or weak to puncture human skin. They usually won't even attack unless provoked.
The severity of the bite depends on many factors, such as, the amount of venom injected, the type of spider, and the age and health of the victim. A spider bite may cause no reaction, or it might result in itching, redness, stiffness, swelling and pain. Although many think that a spider bite would be extrememly painful, most bites hurt no more than a bee sting.
If bitten, try to capture the spider so that the proper medication may be administered. If you are unable to get to a hospital quickly, wash the bite yourself and apply an antiseptic to keep the infection out, then (if needed) apply an ice pack or place in ice water to prevent swelling.
|Created By: ERL|