Two different companies provide fire protection in Pearl River.
are Hook and Ladder Company and Excelsior fire engine Company. Together they
compromise the Pearl River Fire Department.
The first hook and ladder fire house was built in 1904. The second one
was made a short time after the first it was built in 1908. The first motorized
truck was built in 1915 which help the hook and ladder company a lot.
Excelsior Fire Engine Company was opened at a meeting held on febuary26,
1912. Odd fellows Hall was the Excelsior fire company’s first name. Wives of
the men in the excelsior fire company help out with their work.
The current fire companies are nothing alike the old ones they are much
more high tech. The new fire station is located in the same spot as the second
one. Their trucks are much faster and hold more things such as axes fire hoses
and bigger ladders.
The fire companies are always on twenty-four hour call to protect the