About Us | Information | History & Legends | Games/Jokes/Fun
Pictures | Geographical Features | Famous People | Facts
1. When it snows, the falls freeze.
2. Until 1912, visitors were actually able to walk out on an ice bridge to view the falls below.
3. The word " Niagara'' is derived from the Iroquouis Inian word " Onguiaahra'' meaning " the strait.''
4. The flow halted over both falls on March 30th 1848 due to an ice jam in the upper river.
5. The average amount of water flowing down the Niagara Riveris 212,000cubic feet per second.
6. Niagara actually consists of 3 waterfalls.